Saturday, February 11, 2012

What's your Truth

There are a lot of things in life I am unsure of, but one thing that is always true is biking. Good day, bad day, rain or shine, a bike ride is always going to make the day better. When I need the world to disappear, I find peace on my mountain bike. One of my co-workers put it best “You can’t worry about your problems when you are worried about not hitting a tree.” When I need to sort out the questions of life I find peace on my road bike. Nothing like miles and miles of open road to clear the head. Riding with friends or solo, biking is the one thing about myself that I know is true. 


I don’t ride so people will like me more. I don’t care what speed I average or what stunts I did or didn’t ride. I don’t have to be anyone or feel any certain way when I am on my bike.  I ride because its who I am. It’s the one thing that stays true when everything else stops making sense. 


What’s your one true thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment