Monday, March 14, 2016

A late start is better than no start.

At the beginning of the year I set some fitness goals. Then I started writing about it. Then I forgot to post, so I am finally getting around to the whole actual posting bit. Better late than never right?

So here is how things started out, about a month ago. 

I was three weeks into my 2016 fitness goals, 2 weeks into training for a 1/2 marathon. Now let's have a little re-cap to start this journey off. I decided 2016 would be my year of fitness. I joined the Lurong challenge with my gym, which was a whole eating and fitness challenge. I also joined my gyms endurance program to start training for a half marathon, which has always been a bucket list item.

Week 1 was as you would expect; full of excitement and motivation. That whole "Can Do!" attitude. The first weekend of all this fun, we (my hubby and I) ended up traveling to Chicago to visit friends and the fine-tuned diet kind of went out the window. The following week was the first low. The "I give up" point. Yes just 8 days into my year of fitness, I was already giving up. Probably best I wasn't writing then as it would have been a big self-pity party with a lot of woe is me fun. Just be glad you all did not have to endure that post! I pushed through that week of workouts and eating right, but I will be the first to admit I had a horrible attitude ALL WEEK. I felt tired and week and unmotivated. There was a small glimmer of hope which grew into determination. Which brings us to day 3 of week 3 and where the story will continue on.


No comments:

Post a Comment