Monday, March 14, 2016

Running is hard

Continuing on with this whole training thing is my first official 2-a-day workout for 1/2 marathon training. 

I had missed the first week of marathon training due to travel, so I was super anxious about my first day of group training. Our 2-a-days start bright and early at 6 am outside our gym. My nerves woke me up at 2 am, 3 am, 4 am and then put me into a nice deep sleep for the 5 am alarm. Thanks brain. 

We ran. It was good. I learned I have no abs. Here I was thinking I know how to run. As it is with so many things, the moment you actually start to focus on doing it correctly you realize you totally suck at it. I quickly realized I totally suck at running. 

After a mere 800m I start to have a stripper butt, as our coach calls it, otherwise known as sway back. I keep repeating "Tuck the butt, Tuck the butt" to myself. Tucking the butt causes me to tense up my shoulders and arms, which we are told is also bad. 

Ok. Tight stomach. Tuck butt, loose shoulders. Got it! The coach asks if I notice I am turning my right foot out more than the left. No. I had no idea. I am still just trying to keep my stupid butt tucked. 

Ok.Tight stomach.Tuck butt Loose shoulders. Don't turn foot out and oh yeah, run at 90%

At this point I am so focused on all my body positioning I barely even notice I am running and have forgotten to breathe all together. We finish the event with standard planks and flash dance planks; yes that is exactly what it sounds like. Hips to the ceiling, head back...because lets face it at this point there is no energy to hold your head up anyways. I already found out I don't have abs, so this whole ending the running with an ab workout is just salt in my new wounds. 

7 am rolls around and I head to work in full running gear. I am greeted by a co-worker in the parking lot who jokes that I have taken causal to an all-new level. 

Ha. So funny. 

I drag myself through the factory to our bathrooms fit for a horror movie. Yes that is an actual photo of our bathrooms. I opted to skip the shower and started the day with a dose of perfume. 


let's just say I was teetering on a fine line between full motivation and complete desertion...and that was only the first work out of the day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment